SKYWALKER BOARD SCOOTERS
Skywalker Boards are known by many names such as self balancing scooter, drift board, segways, smart wheel scooter, hoverboard, etc. It is like mini Skywalkers, that is cool to ride on and inexpensive as compared to big segways. You can use any name for it, but it can either be a very risky thing to ride on or the coolest thing you will love to ride on. It is the latest craze among people these days especially, among youngsters.
What are Skywalker Boards?
Self balancing scooter or two wheeled board can be defined as rechargeable, portable vehicle powered by battery. There are two wheels placed on the sides and combined using two platforms to enable the rider to stand. It has an internal balancing mechanism. These scooters are controlled by the rider using his feet on the sensored platform that has built in gyroscopic.
Types of Skywalker Boards
There is a difference between electric scooters and self balancing boards. It looks like a high tech scooter at first glance and riders always have a different experience about it. Self balancing scooters can be divided in two categories:
- Skywalker Board scooters: These are two wheeled electronic scooters, self balancing and powered by battery. The first self balancing scooters that came in the market and became popular were launched by Segway Inc. these are also known as segways and this name is drawn from segue which means smooth transition. Self balancing scooters come in the category of personal transporters and can carry only one person at a time. Gyroscopic sensors as well as sensors based on accelerometer are used to keep them upright.
- Smart balance wheel (single wheel): As is evident from the name, smart balance wheel scooters are different from others as they have only one wheel at the center. These scooters are comparatively difficult to learn and control.
Principles of Skywalker Board
Acceleration and stop are the basic requirements for Skywalker Board scooters. To increase the speed of the scooter, the rider is required to lean forward and if he wants to stop the ride, he needs to move backward. To turn right or left, the rider is required to turn right handlebar backward or forward depending on the direction he wants to turn to.
The thing that is most important is balancing on these scooters. What matters most in this regard is how this device understands the human body and how it deals with this device. In case user is standing straight on the scooter and leans forward, it is very much likely to loose balance and he/she may fall on the face. But, at the same time human brain sends signals and fluid to inner ear shifts, making leg to put feet forward and stop falling of the body. This way your body plays an important part in teaching you how to balance on these scooters. However, one must always remember that these electric boards are not meant for areas with heavy traffic flow.
Just like brain sends signals, the microprocessors of self balancing scooters send signals to motor. Instead of the inner ear, the scooters have built in tilt sensors that help in balancing. It implies that the scooter has the knowledge that when the rider leans backward or forward and it acts accordingly like moves in the desired direction or speed. All you need is to maintain the right speed while riding self balancing scooters.
Sensors are the main part of scooters. These are gyroscope assembled. It helps in the balancing act. Suppose if the rider pushes some point at the top of the spinning wheel, the sensors will make the system to push force on opposite end and help in balancing.
Self balancing scooters have two electronic controller circuit boards built of microprocessors. Actually the number of circuit boards depends on the model, such as Segway scooter has ten onboard microprocessors. It is important because if due to any reason, one board stops functioning, another board takes its place and starts operating. The user is intimidated about the system failure and at the end, the system stops without causing much trouble to the user.
ADVANTAGES OF SKYWALKER SCOOTER
Following mentioned are some of the advantages of self balancing scooters:
- Eco-friendly. They require very less power and cost. They use rechargeable batteries that are noiseless and have zero emission. It is quite obvious that you cannot travel long distances on these scooters, but these are good for short distances of about 5 to 10 kms. Also, you need to take care of speed while running them.
- Skywalker Boards are easy to operate. These are light weight that makes them easier to carry at any place. The maintenance cost is also reasonable and if you drive them with care, these are less likely to cause any problem to riders. The fact that they need less power for operation makes them an ideal alternative private transport.
- These boards are a good alternate to bikes and motorcycles for short distances. These scooters can bear 120-150kg weight, hence you can also use them for carrying goods or grocery. These are handy and so you will not face any parking problem with them.
Components of Skywalker scooters for sale
A skywalker scooter consists of following components:
Two infrared sensors
Two speed/tilt sensors (inside wheels)
Two electric motors (inside wheels)
Steel frame with central pivot